Once touted as "the King's Cure-all", evening primrose oil has been praised for centuries for its healing powers in a wide range of ailments. The secret of the evening primrose is in the seed, which contains the essential fatty acid GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid). Most of the health benefits of evening primrose oil come from this powerful substance.
Today, millions of women use the healing powers of evening primrose oil, which contains 8-10% GLA, to help counteract the effects of premenstrual syndrome. Research has shown that evening primrose oil may help alleviate breast pain, bloating, depression, and cramps for women suffering from PMS. There have been many instances where women have seen these symptoms lessen or disappear altogether after they started supplementation with evening primrose oil.
Salmon oil mainly contains omega 3 fatty acids. This is considered to be an excellent way to boost up the HDL in the blood. There are many benefits and uses of salmon oil and generally side effects are most uncommon. After many a research and discoveries that followed, salmon oil has proven to be very excellent and extremely essential for health. In other words, salmon oil is known to be very advantageous for health, at almost every stage of life.
• One of the other benefits of salmon oil is that it reduces the pain caused by menstrual cramps.
• Salmon oil is used for the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Researchers believe that it is very useful as a measure of protection against heart attack.
• Salmon oil is said to be a very good supply of essential nutrients for the body, as the oil supplements are known to be very beneficial for eyesight.
• Salmon oil is known to reduce the ‘bad’ cholesterol in the body as it increases the HDL in the blood.
•Inflammation in the body can cause excruciating pain, discomfort and decreased mobility. This is yet another benefit of salmon oil - it helps in reducing the inflammation.
• Salmon oil is also packed with essential fatty acids. These help in the reduction of the symptoms of diseases such as asthma, gallstones, psoriasis, arthritis, atherosclerosis, Crohn’s disease etc. Studies have shown that children, who consume fresh salmon fish regularly, have a lower risk of developing asthma than others who generally avoid the consumption of fish.